something2live4

something to live for, what is it ? am i working on the public space ? nevermind because even the sun does not know it's a star

My Photo
Name:
Location: melbourne, victoria, Australia

I'm a designer maybe

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Tibor Kalman on Friday



I went to library and found the book names Tibor Kalman Perverse Optimist. There are so many points that very helpful for my life, as i believe that i'm one of the designer who do respect the design as a religion. I know if i say like that someone may get me wrong but this is life isnt it. It's better to know and say what can u or cant you do the best. I'm so f_ _ _ in believe that good design is just a good design nothing else to say.

These are some quotes that i really feel from his book.

"I'm not sure"

"In my lifetime I have witnessed the creation of the greatest accumulation of wealth in history. More than we need to feed the hungry, house the homeless, cure the sick throughout the world."

"Rules are good. Break them".

"Good designers (and writer and artists) make trouble".

"Everything is an experiment".

"As soon as you learn, move on".

"You'll see it better if you look upside down".

"Success=boredom".

"Good clients are smarter than you. Bad clients are dumber than you".

"New idea exist in high art (often called art) I have never found much in between. and low art (sometimes called vernacular)".

In the memory of TbK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home